Pages

The Brown Family

The Brown Family
The Browns, Jim, Monica, Weston, Joseph, Timothy, Christianna, Elaina, Victoria, Alonna and Joshua. WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!

9/20/12

Tears This Summer - and No Regrets

Just wanted to post about how we were due with a new baby this fall. .. Our due date was Oct 29th.  On July 4th, a precious baby boy was born at home.  We learned a few weeks before that the baby had no heartbeat and though we hoped and prayed for a miracle, it was not to be this time.  We named the baby David (Davy).  We will save the name Joshua Isaac for a future child (God willing).  
No matter what, we have plenty to rejoice about and though the sorrow and pain run deep when we think of this child, we rejoice on a regular basis for the goodness we have seen in our lives thus far.  I have no regrets because I have always been open to having children and I am forever grateful to friends who encouraged me early on in my marriage to let God determine this area of my life.  If I controlled it, I would feel greater sorrow and definitely regret.  We were married 4 years before Weston came along and it was almost 7 years more before Joseph, then another 6 years went by and we adopted Tim, Christianna & Elaina, then Victoria came along and Alonna was our quickest surprise since the previous birth children were all 6 or more years apart.  
God has been so very good to us and in this season, we rest and hope and believe for future miracles.  We truly love children and are thankful for the opportunity to spend time with them each day.  
Specifically, I learned that not everyone is happy about a 40 + mom having children. ..and I am ok with that. . .I found being pregnant as a mom of 7 to be more emotionally challenging and if I find myself pregnant again, I will rejoice and not let myself be moved by the negative responses of others.

3 comments:

DrMommaCobb said...

Simply amazing!! God has truly blessed you!

Anonymous said...

You are an amazing woman and you have a beautiful family! I am so grateful we have crossed paths. Also, I was 38 when I got pregnant with my second. People were not okay with that! If we are blessed with more children at 40+ we would be very happy!

Rev'd Heidi Huntley said...

Prayers especially for you all today on what should have been Davy's due date - may he rest in peace and rise in glory. Remembering with fondness when you visited St.Bartholomew's Church (Sydenham, London) in the summer, and we have since been so inspired by your story and your love and conviction for our Lord Jesus Christ. We are now in a parish in Hertfordshire to help bring about God's kingdom in this beautiful part of England. God bless you all.